Berrien County Board of Elections and Registration
201 N. Davis St.
Nashville, Ga. 31639
229-686-5213 EXT 2
Melanie Ray - Supervisor of Elections
The Board of Elections is responsible for voter registration, and the conduction of all elections; federal, state, county and municipal
Georgia Voter Identification Requirements
Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person. This law will be implemented for the September 18, 2007 Special Election and all future elections. Contact your county registrar's office to find out if there is an election on September 18 in your county. If you have questions or need more information or have difficulty getting a FREE Voter Identification Card, you can contact your county registrar's office or the Secretary of State, Elections Division.
You are not required to include any identification when you vote absentee by mail.
What IDs are Acceptable?
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver's License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
If you do not have one of these forms of photo identification, a Georgia Voter Identification Card is available FREE of charge at your county registrar's office or any Department of Driver Services Office.
For further details about obtaining a Voter Identification Card, please contact your county registrar's office.
Before being issued a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter's date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant's name and residential address.
Example of a Georgia Voter Identification Card
2018 Election Schedule:
May 22, 2018 - General Primary
July 24, 2018 - General Primary Runoff (if needed)
Nov 6, 2018 General Election
Dec 4, 2018 General Election Runoff (if needed)